Management Plan Update
The RBWMO is in the process of updating the Comprehensive Watershed Management Plan.
Click HERE to view the 60-Day Review Draft Plan.
Contact Jeff Pearson at RBWMO@cityofrichfield.org or 612-861-9791 with any input or questions regarding the new plan development. Other Management Plan development materials will be uploaded when available.
The plan must focus on preserving and using natural water storage and retention systems to:
- Reduce, to the greatest practical extent, the public capital expenditures necessary to control excessive volume and rate of runoff.
- Improve water quality.
- Prevent flooding and erosion from surface flows.
- Promote ground water recharge.
- Protect and enhance fish and wildlife habitat and water recreational facilities.
- Secure the other benefits associated with the proper management of surface water.